New release in production. Please visit our production schedule for the latest information on availability before placing your preorder.
TBC2 is a swiss army knife input module which simplifies the process of getting multiple external video feeds into your LZX modular video synthesis system. Dual channel frame synchronization with genlock, time base correction, HD downscaling and format conversion, still image/loop playback and color decoding. Composite, S-Video, Component YPbPr and Component RGB inputs.
- Still image playback and adjustable frame delay per input channel.
- Access to color correction and scaling/cropping parameters via the RGB OLED menu.
- Master sync generator for your entire LZX system or Memory Palace. TBC2 solves issues related to sync across the entire system. Front and rear sync input and sync output available.
- Front SD card mount for still image loading.
- MIDI input and thru for switching and mixing functions.
- HD analog input up to 1080i.
- VESA/VGA input up to 1024x768 with optional 10HP VGA+SCART expander.
- A large number of utility features are planned for post release development, including Picture-in-Picture, video mixing, advanced color correction and pixel accurate cropping and positioning.
A Special Note For Our Preorder Customers
Development of TBC2 has been a long road. While we never advertised a list of supported video input formats, our original intention (and the mockup image we have been promoting) was to include digital interface (DVI) inputs on this module as well as the analog decoders.
After multiple complications with parts availability, pinout assignment limitations, form factor limitations, budget limitations, the value of the number of formats we would have been able to support (progressive only, and no 1080p), we have abandoned this goal. Instead, we have included extra connectors for interfacing with Composite and S-Video signals directly, and expander connectors for VGA/SCART input. The alternative would have been to make this module a single TBC with dual interfaces (analog and digital.) We decided to modify the design as little as possible, and keep it an analog-only, multi-format dual TBC.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this design change, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- Width, 16HP
- Mounting Depth, 42mm
- Power +12V @ 550mA
- Can power entirely from +12VDC barrel connector or EuroRack power rail.